AW: Re: S.M.A.R.T. disk monitoring

Paul L. Allen pla at softflare.com
Wed Feb 25 13:57:39 CET 2004

Lammersdorf, Lorenz writes:

> is something like this available for windows too?

You can certainly get commercial SMART software for Windows and it might
be possible to use NSclient to get sensible answers out of it, but
probably not.  I haven't yet found any freeware SMART tool for Windows
that comes with source, but I haven't looked too hard.  Freeware with
source would be more readily adapted for use with Nagios - you could
probably set a Windows performance counter to 0, 1, 2 or 3 depending
on disk health and check it with NSclient.

It would be useful for us too, but our need isn't that pressing (we
could use it as a selling point but nobody has yet asked for it so don't
notice that it's not there).  So if anybody finds anything suitable, let
the list know.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support