Monitoring Disk and CPU Utilization

Russell Adams RLAdams at Kelsey-Seybold.com
Tue Feb 24 15:55:18 CET 2004

I monitor SNMP disks via HOSTMIB, however I had to write my own snmp
plugin to calculate the percentage from the free/used block values
that are returned.

Its not perfect, but they've been adequate for several years. ;]

I could post a copy of the plugin. Its a shell script that uses
ucd-snmp commands to get the hrStorageTable.

As to the configuration, thats always been the biggest problem with
monitoring at my site. Keeping the configuration up to date can be a
hassle. I've been looking at expanding a tool I use with Cricket
(namely CHIRP) to output Nagios configs. Just haven't had time. ;]

Russell