[Nagios-users] Rép. : Re: [Nagios-users] [DEVELOPPERS OF PLUGINS] check_nwstat BUG -default to ipv4

Serveur-Faucon Surveillance SrvFaucon at cslaval.qc.ca
Tue Feb 24 15:18:54 CET 2004

ok, I just did a bug request on fs.net about that.

Let see what the future as in store for us ;)

Alexandre

Alexandre Racine
Montréal, Québec, Canada

>>> "Serveur-Faucon Surveillance" <SrvFaucon at cslaval.qc.ca> 2004-02-20 08:32:05 >>>
Hi sg,

If what you say is true. I hope you will still respect me after saying that, but it does not make any sence.

These AAAA requests, only occurs with check_nwstat.

I have more then this running, check_snmp, check_nt, check_ntp, etc. And those does not make any problems...

Any more idears?

Alexandre

Alexandre Racine
Montréal, Québec, Canada

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Serveur-Faucon Surveillance wrote:

> Hi all, I'll reply to myself, but I would apreciate if any developpers
> of the plugins could answer that, thanks.
>
> Short story :
>
> check_nwstat is doing 2 X AAAA request and 1 X A request to my DNS
> server since version 1.3.99 (1.13). Can someone confirm this?
>
> Details and tests :
>
> Linux server RedHat9.
>
> With check_nwstat v1.3.99 or more recent, my DNS server is showing that
> my Nagios server is doing 2 X AAAA request (ip6) and 1 X A request
> (ip4). Since I have about 500 Novell services, and 1200 total, this kind
> of makes about 1200+1000 DNS requests, and my server seems to be very
> very busy.
>
> And I do need version 1.3.99 or more, since this is when they added the
> TSYNC variable, witch I need.
>
> I tested with version 1.3.1 of the plugins, and there is no problem there.
>
> I tested with other plugins and with ping, and everything is fine.
>
> Can someone confirm this?
>
> Alexandre

post 1.3.1 we added support for IPv6 in the netutils, etc.

None of the individual plugins were affected except for ping.

In netutils the order of the fuctions calls IPv6 resolution first if the
OS supports IPv6 and then calls IPv4

Perhaps a switch to configure to explicitly disable IPv6 support even if
the OS supports it is needed...

--
-sg