mod_auth_pam segfault

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Feb 23 21:42:45 CET 2004

On Monday, February 23, 2004 11:33 AM, Andrew_Hoying at blm.gov shared with
us:

> Hello,
>
> I have nagios up and working now, however I'm having a problem trying
> to use the mod_auth_pam module for Apache with Nagios. The module
> authenticates me just fine, but then the Nagios CGI segfaults. This
> is what I get in my error log:
>
> [Mon Feb 23 08:47:15 2004] [notice] child pid 20750 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
>
> This is my .htaccess:
>
> AuthGroupFile /etc/httpd/nagios_group
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName "Enter TACACS User & Password"
> require group WAN_DEN WAN_PDX
>
> With regular .htpasswd access everything works fine.

This sounds more like a problem with mod_auth_pam. Nagios just looks at
the HTTP environment variable REMOTE_USER to determine who is logged in.
That variable is set by Apache via whatever auth method you use. As you
stated, Apache native mod_auth works fine. How do you know that you're
getting authenticated correctly? Based on the information above it seems
that the segfault is probably happening in the time between the Auth and
when the CGI is executed or during authentication.

--
marc