Nagios scripting question

Neil Lehouillier NLehouillier at comptonpetroleum.com
Fri Feb 20 21:13:42 CET 2004

Hi all,

I just a have a question that hopefully somebody knows the answer to.

I'm trying to monitor SMART on unix box using the check_smart.pl script.
I have got it to work but it always reports "No Output!".  The way I
have set it up to work is like the following:

In my services.cfg file I have it setup like this:

define service {
host_name                      Sentry
service_description            S.M.A.R.T - Status
register                       1
max_check_attempts             1
normal_check_interval          3
retry_check_interval           1
check_period                   24x7
notification_interval          0
notification_period            24x7
notification_options           w,u,c,r
contact_groups                 ntadmins
check_command                  "/usr/local/nagios/etc/scheck.sh SMART"
}

and in the scheck.sh file:

if [ $1 = 'SMART' ] ; then
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_smart.pl -t -d /dev/hda
fi

This works fine but it show up as NO OUTPUT within nagios.  I want to be
able to see the results of this command with Nagios.  Does anyone know
how to do this?

Thanks in advance.....

Neil