[DEVELOPPERS OF PLUGINS] check_nwstat BUG - default to ipv4 or ipv6?

Serveur-Faucon Surveillance SrvFaucon at cslaval.qc.ca
Thu Feb 19 22:18:24 CET 2004

Hi all, I'll reply to myself, but I would apreciate if any developpers of the plugins could answer that, thanks.

Short story :

check_nwstat is doing 2 X AAAA request and 1 X A request  to my DNS server since version 1.3.99 (1.13).
Can someone confirm this?

Details and tests :

Linux server RedHat9.

With check_nwstat v1.3.99 or more recent, my DNS server is showing that my Nagios server is doing 2 X AAAA request (ip6) and 1 X A request (ip4). Since I have about 500 Novell services, and 1200 total, this kind of makes about 1200+1000 DNS requests, and my server seems to be very very busy.

And I do need version 1.3.99 or more, since this is when they added the TSYNC variable, witch I need.

I tested with version 1.3.1 of the plugins, and there is no problem there.

I tested with other plugins and with ping, and everything is fine.

Can someone confirm this?

Alexandre

Alexandre Racine
Montréal, Québec, Canada

>>> "Serveur-Faucon Surveillance" <SrvFaucon at cslaval.qc.ca> 2004-02-18 10:45:52 >>>
Hi all,

Does the check_ping plug-in does some ipv4 or ipv6 by default? Or both?

By default, I mean, when not specified of course. It is not written in the check_ping --help page.

Thanks.

Alexandre