Additional Monitoring

Peter Edmonds pedmonds.nagios at boursedata.com.au
Thu Feb 19 03:33:25 CET 2004

Hi Brian,

Assuming that the events you want to monitor are logged in the Event Log
(for your Windows boxes), you could centralise yor Windows event logs using
Eventlog to Syslog Utility from
https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/Resources/Documents/UNIX/evtsys/

and the logsurfer plugin from
http://naplax.sourceforge.net/check_logsurfer.html

in conjunction with logsurfer from http://www.cert.dfn.de/eng/logsurf/

These 3 utils are easy to setup and make the task of monitoring Windows
Event Logs much simpler.

Peter Edmonds
BourseData