Nagios Performance Issues

Spyou spyou at club-internet.fr
Wed Feb 18 14:37:12 CET 2004

At 13:54 18/02/2004, Mika Fischer wrote:
>The configuration above works quite well for us checking about 450 Services on
>85 Hosts on a P4-2.4GHz (Hyperthreading disabled) with 512 MB of RAM.

I currently check some 800 services on 110 hosts with nagios 1.1 on a
single CPU box (p3-900 with 512mb) running FreeBSD 4.8. The avg load is 1.9
and i have some extra-stuff running over checks (RRD graphing of returned
values, event handlers, ...)

The perf informations says that 95.4% of my 800 checks are done within 5
minuts and 99.5% within 15 minuts wich is very acceptable for me :)

With :
inter_check_delay_method=s
service_interleave_factor=s
max_concurrent_checks=0