notification storm

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Tue Feb 17 16:24:45 CET 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Jason Tower wrote:

> I suspect there is a reasonably straightforward way to tell nagios not
> to generate notifications if its own network is down but my google-fu
> wasn't strong enough to find it (is there a particular terminology for
> the situation I've described?)  If anyone can point me in the right
> direction I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks - Jason

If you have the dependancy tree set up correctly for your network (see the
'parents' host directive), and if you turn of notifications for "unreachable"
hosts (as opposed to hosts that are down), you should only receive
notifications for the local router or switch that actually goes offline.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110