Monitoring Disk and CPU Utilization

Russell Adams RLAdams at Kelsey-Seybold.com
Fri Feb 13 23:00:25 CET 2004

I try to standardize on using HOSTMIB via SNMP for disk space and
process monitoring. It also simplifies my network interface collection
via Cricket.

Win2k has hostmib in the standard snmp service which comes on cd but
isn't installed by default. Make sure to be at SP3, or install patch
Q295587 because otherwise the disk statistics never get updated.

Linux using NET-SNMP or UCD-SNMP do hostmib quite well.

I'm trying to get AIX working with hostmib and snmp, but its
resisting. ;]

Russell