Problem w/ scheduled downtime

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Fri Feb 13 16:07:48 CET 2004

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Below is the service log of one of our servers at Nagios. We
> scheduled down time from 18:00 - 18:40, which you can clearly tell
> from the SERVICE DOWNTIME START and END. However it recorded 17
> minutes of
> critical time
> in between.
>
> Any idea how could this happen? Any similar experience to you guys?

I think that anyone who has ever used scheduled downtime would have had
a similar experience.
Scheduled downtime prevents notifications during the downtime period,
NOT host or service checks.

Read the docs at:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/downtime.html

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)