password problem..urgent

prabhu.anandh at wipro.com prabhu.anandh at wipro.com
Fri Feb 13 11:42:51 CET 2004

hi guys,
i need your help..please help me to get out of this problem.i am running
nagios in my machine and for the first time after a long battle i
succeded in opening the web interface.in that it promts for username and
password for nagios.
these are the solutions i tried,still not getting it correct.

1>>i used to give a new password for that nagios user and verified.
2>>i switched from root to a new user.
3>>i changed the login shell from /sbin/nologin ---> /bin/bash/ and also
the home directory from /usr/local/nagios ---> /nagios
i found one file named htpasswd.users
in that i find the following nagios admin:some 8kdlNY like that.

i request you to give the solution to this problem.thanks in advance.

regards,
Prabhu Anandh