Updating Nagios on SuSe

Browett, Darren dbrowett at coquitlam.ca
Thu Feb 12 19:54:28 CET 2004

I have nagios 1.04b running on with  Suse Enterprise Server V 8, and I
want to upgrade it to
version 1.2, but I am not sure how to go about it, as nagios is spread
out all over the place.

The directories I have found it in are :

./etc/httpd/modules/nagios
./etc/init.d/nagios
./etc/nagios
./etc/logrotate.d/nagios
./srv/www/htdocs/nagios
./usr/lib/nagios
./usr/sbin/nagios
./usr/local/nagios
./usr/share/doc/packages/nagios
./usr/share/nagios
./usr/include/nagios

Is it as simple as downloading the tar file, into a temporary directory,
compiling it and overwriting the nagios prog found
in /usr/sbin/nagios ??

Or do other areas have to be updated /usr/lib/nagios/cgi and
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins ??

Will the install script look after this or is it essentially a manual
exercise. ?

And lastly, Suse uses YAST as a package management tool, does it keep
track of this sorts of things and help in this situation ?

I would post to the Suse list, but I did that once, and ended up with
500+ messages a day and the network people got a little upset
with me !

Thanks

Darren

Darren Browett P.Eng 						This
message was transmitted
Data Administrator		 				using
100% recycled electrons
Information and Communication Technology
City of Coquitlam
P:(604)927 - 3614
E:dbrowett at coquitlam.ca