Trying Nagios for the First Time

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Thu Feb 12 18:13:15 CET 2004

> # /usr/bin/nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
[snip]
> Error in configuration file '/etc/nagios/nagios.cfg' - Line 45 (NULL
> variable)
>
> ***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config
> files...
>
> -----------
>
> So I looked at my nagios.cfg file and found the following:
>
> 42> # You can split other types of object definitions across several
> 43> # config files if you wish (as done here), or keep them all in a
> 44> # single config file.
> 45>
> 46> #cfg_file=/etc/nagios/contactgroups.cfg
> 47> #cfg_file=/etc/nagios/contacts.cfg
> 48> #cfg_file=/etc/nagios/dependencies.cfg

What's below line 48? Are there any uncommented cfg files defined?
Perhaps this is why it is complaining, I've never tried to run Nagios
without defining additional cfgs.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)