Distributed monitoring, passive checks

Belle István IBelle at MINOR.HU
Thu Feb 12 13:51:22 CET 2004

Hello,

 I am wondering if anyone can help me with implementing a distributed Nagios
 environment.  I have followed the documentation exactly when configuring
 and cannot get the distributed server to send to the central server.  Nagios
 is running on the distributed server and is performing the checks correctly
 ( I verified this by checking the nagios.log and status.sav).  However, the
 results information is not getting back to the central server.

 I can use the submit_check_result script manually to submit the results
 information and the info gets back to the central Nagios server correctly.

The version of Nagios is 1.1 on a Linux Debian 3.0. The plugins version is 1.3.1.9.
I would appreciate if somebody could share information about implementing distributed monitoring with me.

 Thanks,
 Belle István
MINOR Rendszerház Rt.
Budapest