Mozilla working but IE does not.

Michael Gale michael.gale at utilitran.com
Wed Feb 11 16:50:48 CET 2004

Hello,

	I am having some problems with cgi access I believe. I have left the default user name blank
(default_user_name= ) and setup authentication. Below is the directory directives I am using. I have
created two users. One with full access and one with host and service view access.

Now connecting from a linux box running Mozilla 1.4 everything is working great. But when connecting
from a Windows 2000 machine running IE things to do not work.

The user can login and see the main page and all the options along the side. But when they click on
a option like "Host Detail" they receive a "Bad Request" screeen. Saying that the client sent a
request the server could not understand.

Anyone know why ?

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /home/nagios/sbin/
<Directory "/home/nagios/sbin/">
    SSLRequireSSL
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    AuthType Digest
    AuthName "Network_Monitor"
    AuthDigestDomain /nagios/cgi-bin/ /home/nagios/sbin/
    AuthDigestFile /usr/local/apache2/passwords/.nagiospassword
    Require valid-user
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /nagios/ /home/nagios/share/
<Directory "/home/nagios/share">
    SSLRequireSSL
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    AuthType Digest
    AuthName "Network_Monitor"
    AuthDigestDomain /nagios/ /home/nagios/share/
    AuthDigestFile /usr/local/apache2/passwords/.nagiospassword
    Require valid-user
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all