Problem in services.cfg

philippe leroux pleroux at nocout.net
Wed Feb 11 10:13:35 CET 2004

hi,
I think you have to verify if you have lines like this at the beginning of
your services.cfg files ?
# Generic service definition template
define service{
	name				generic-service	; The 'name' of this service template, referenced in
other service definitions
	active_checks_enabled			0		; Active service checks are enabled
	passive_checks_enabled		1	; Passive service checks are enabled/accepted
	parallelize_check				1			; Active service checks should be parallelized
(disabling this can lead to major performance problems)
	obsess_over_service			0	; We should obsess over this service (if necessary)
	check_freshness				0	; Default is to NOT check service 'freshness'
	freshness_threshold			600	; automatique - attente de 10 minutes avant
check_command
	notifications_enabled			1	; Service notifications are enabled
	event_handler_enabled			1	; Service event handler is enabled
	flap_detection_enabled			1	; Flap detection is enabled
	process_perf_data				1	; Process performance data
	retain_status_information		1	; Retain status information across program
restarts
	retain_nonstatus_information	1	; Retain non-status information across program
restarts

	register						0	; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL SERVICE,
JUST A TEMPLATE!
	}

--
Philippe Leroux    NOC OUT