pending

Roger grunky at rockriver.net
Tue Feb 10 23:04:14 CET 2004

I've got a problem using nagios 1.2...

I've defined some hosts - no services- just ping them to see if they're
alive..  Well all these hosts, below is an example, have the status,
PENDING, not up or down just pending.  I figured leave nagios alone and
it'll check the host eventually.  After a few hours I checked back only
have see the service still pending...

define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use
        host_name               ns2
        alias                   ns2
        address                 x.x.x.x      <-removed real ip..
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }

I've put in the correct ip address, you can ping this host. just nagios
doesn't check it.  Nothing jumps out in the logs and since I'm using the
generic-host template I'd figure they're won't be much to screw up..

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?