[Nagios-devel] wildcards broken?

jeff vier jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com
Tue Feb 10 16:33:26 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 16:09, jeff vier wrote:
<snip>
> But, when I check it with nagios -v, I get:
> Error: Could not find any host matching '*'
> Error: Could not expand member hosts specified in hostgroup (config file
> '/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostgroups.cfg', starting on line 336)
> Notably, I couldn't get the '*' wildcard to work anywhere else, either.
> Specifically, I would RATHER have it in serviceextinfo.cfg, but I
> couldn't find any support in the docs (or FAQ, or archive) that
> indicated that it SHOULD work there.  Hence my attempt at adding a
> catch-all hostgroup.

For the archives, I figured out that I had opted for regex support in
nagios.cfg, and thus I *had* to use regex.  So, a .* works fine.

That said.  I wish I could just indicate a default icon for a given
service - is this an option?

Also, can I use macros in the extserviceinfo?  like $HOSTADDRESS$ in the
notes_url?  this would save a LOT of time :)  Notably, I'll be
experimenting with this, so I may be replying to myself in a little
while on this subject as well.