dry alarm contact monitor?

Marco Supino marco at sd.com
Sat Feb 7 10:53:10 CET 2004

Hi,

What i did in order to monitor things which dont have any interface
(lights, in my case), is using relays, connect them to RS232 cable, and
then convert it to ethernet with somelike like Digi realport One, if you
take CTS,DSR or DCD from a RS232 cable, and short them with the DTR
signal, you get a "1" on the RS232, then connect it to a ethernet <->
RSR232 device (like the Digi device), and with SNMP get the status of
the signals.

Marco.