NagMIN Mulde internal server error, trying with Nagios v1.2 Help!

Ray Ward ray.ward at mapfusion.com
Fri Feb 6 17:08:21 CET 2004

Hi,

I've posted this to the nagmin-users list as well, but since this list is
much more active I thought there my be more response here.

I'm having some problems getting NagMIN up and running on my Solaris 8 box.
I've installed MySQL 3.23.53 and that seems to be working fine. I installed
the Webmin v1.130 package for solaris, that seems to work fine. Nagios v1.2
is installed and working fine. Now when I run the setup for NagMIN v2.0.6
(full output below) I get a small error when loading the DB files:
	Executing: mysql -uroot -p1234ABcd < nagmin_load.sql
	ERROR 1136 at line 420: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Also after this I try to install the NagMIN module into webmin, but when I
try to use the module I get a 500 Level Internal error.

So I guess my questions are:
	1. what can I do about that error when loading the nagmin_load.sql script
	2. How can I trouble-shoot the 500 level error when running the NagMIN
module?

ANY help offered would be appreciated, Thanks!

Enter database name:(nagios):
Enter your Nagios ETC directory: (/usr/local/nagios/etc):
/export/home/nagios/etc
Enter your NagMIN root directory: (/usr/local/nagmin):
Nagios Configuration File: (/export/home/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg):
CGI Configuration File: (/export/home/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg):

NagMIN Database:  nagios
Nagios ETC:       /export/home/nagios/etc/
NagMIN Root:      /usr/local/nagmin
Nagios Config:    /export/home/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
Nagios CGI:       /export/home/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg
NagMIN DB Dir:    /usr/local/nagmin/nagios/
NagMIN CFG:       /usr/local/nagmin/nagios/verify.cfg
Continue(Y,q):
Create NagMIN root directory /usr/local/nagmin
mkdir: Failed to make directory "/usr/local/nagmin"; File exists
Create NagMIN database directory /usr/local/nagmin/nagios/
mkdir: Failed to make directory "/usr/local/nagmin/nagios"; File exists
Create NagMIN nagios.cfg verification file
Load NagMIN cgi.cfg Extended Template files
#
# NAGIOS CONFIGURATION FILES
#
# The following is a list of the configuration files from
# your nagios.cfg and cgi.cfg files that will be processed.
#
#
cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/checkcommands.cfg
cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/misccommands.cfg
cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/contactgroups.cfg
cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/contacts.cfg
cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/dependencies.cfg
cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/escalations.cfg
cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/hostgroups.cfg
cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/hosts.cfg
cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/services.cfg
cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/timeperiods.cfg
Continue(Y,q):
#
# DATABASE SQL FILE CREATION
#
# NagMIN can handle multiple databases.  You can run setup more
# than once specifying different database names.
#
# Ignore any messages related to directory creation if you've run setup
before
# NagMIN directories have already been created.
#

Creating nagmin_load.sql file...
Processing /export/home/nagios/etc/checkcommands.cfg file...
Processing /export/home/nagios/etc/misccommands.cfg file...
Processing /export/home/nagios/etc/contactgroups.cfg file...
Processing /export/home/nagios/etc/contacts.cfg file...
Processing /export/home/nagios/etc/dependencies.cfg file...
Processing /export/home/nagios/etc/escalations.cfg file...
Processing /export/home/nagios/etc/hostgroups.cfg file...
Processing /export/home/nagios/etc/hosts.cfg file...
Processing /export/home/nagios/etc/services.cfg file...
Processing /export/home/nagios/etc/timeperiods.cfg file...
#
# DATABASE SQL FILE CREATED FOR nagios
#
SQL Upload file created for Database=nagios...
Do you want to view the SQL file?(N,q):
#
# DATABASE CREATION
#
# You can stop now and manually load the database.
# The SQL file is nagmin_load.sql
#
# IMPORTANT:  IF YOU PROCEED YOU'LL LOSE ANY EXISTING NAGMIN DATA
#             ALL NAGMIN TABLES WILL BE DELETED FROM THE SELECTED DATABASE
#
Do you want to build the database?(Y,q):
Enter username for 'nagios' database: (root):
Enter password for 'nagios' database: (): 1234ABcd
Executing: mysql -uroot -p1234ABcd < nagmin_drop.sql
ERROR 1049 at line 1: Unknown database 'nagios'
Executing: mysql -uroot -p1234ABcd < nagmin_load.sql
ERROR 1136 at line 420: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
#
# NagMIN SERVICE TEMPLATE LOAD
#
# NagMIN has default service templates for standard services to be used by
# the Port Scanning and Service Group features.
#
# NagMIN templates are prefixed with NM-
#
Do you want to load NagMIN Service Templates?(Y,q):
Executing: mysql -uroot -p1234ABcd nagios < nagmin_services.sql
#
#  NagMIN Setup Processing Completed
#
#  1 - Now access WebMIN and install the NagMIN plugin
#  2 - Configure NagMIN Nagios default values clicking Module Config in
WebMIN
#  3 - Edit your database tables and run Verification until you get
#      a clean configuration.  This will create NagMIN configuration files
in
#      /usr/local/nagmin/nagios/ directory
#  4 - Modify your nagios.cfg and cgi.cfg files to replace configuration
file settings
#      with new NagMIN configuration files listed below.  This must be done
before
#      you can successfully activate your first NagMIN configuration.
#  5 - Run Activate Config.  Check the verification output for any errors.
#  6 - Remove any unnecessary configuration files from your
/usr/local/nagios/etc
#      directory.
#
# NagMIN Configuration Files
#
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/Command.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/Contact.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/ContactGroup.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/Host.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/HostEscalation.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/HostGroup.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/HostGroupEscalation.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/HostTemplate.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/Service.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/ServiceDependency.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/ServiceEscalation.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/ServiceExtInfo.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/ServiceTemplate.cfg
        cfg_file=/export/home/nagios/etc/TimePeriod.cfg

_______________________________
Ray Ward
IT Technician
MapFusion Technologies Inc.
http://www.mapfusion.com
_______________________________
NOTICE:
which it is addressed; and it, including any attachments, may contain
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete
it from your system without copying or forwarding it and notify us by
telephone (905-709-1925) or by return e-mail immediately. MapFusion Corp.
and its affiliated companies do not accept responsibility or liability for
any loss or damage arising in any way from your receipt or use or for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this communication.