Reports only show data from a specific tim e period?

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Thu Feb 5 20:18:04 CET 2004

First... my apologies to the list for continuing this thread.  This'll be my
last post.. really.

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Paul L. Allen wrote:

> Matt Pounsett writes:
>
> > On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Paul L. Allen wrote:
>
> > Nobody said anything about supressing any information.
>
> Yes you did.  This select group of people do not get to see information
> about failures that occur outside of hours.  The information that there
> have been such failures is *suppressed*.  They do not have the opportunity
> to ask "Why do our machines keep failing at night" because they do not
> even know it is happening.  It might not directly affect their normal
> operations but it is a cause for concern.

Again.. nobody said anything about supressing information.  He was looking for
additional statistics covering a more specific timeperiod than is currently
available.  That is all.  I'm sorry you can't see the value in this, but
continuing to try to explain it to you is too far off topic, so I'm going to
drop this now.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110