Reports only show data from a specific tim e period?

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Thu Feb 5 17:58:01 CET 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Paul L. Allen wrote:

> Daniel Jimenez writes:
>
> > Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> I really can't see the point of this.  Why present them with a display
> that's a lie?  But since they want it, here are some thoughts.

Where's the lie?  His managers want statistical information over certain hours
of the day.  I can think of several legitimate reasons to want this
information.. one of which was presented on the list already: that the
services in question are only accessed by the public/clients/whatever during
certain hours of the day, and they want to know what the rate of failure
during those hours is.

> Tell your managers *not to look* at the output of the CGI outside
> of those hours.

That doesn't really help with statistical information which is based on those
other hours, does it?

[remainder of sarcastic replies deleted]

I swear you must to be the lest helpful person on this list, Paul.  Instead of
simply not providing help to people, you seem to actually go out of your way
to discourage people from asking questions of any kind.  Your sarcasm and
insults reach a level I don't think I've ever before seen on a software users
list.  If you feel providing answers to certain questions is beneath you, then
please do us all a favour and shut the hell up.

Thanks.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110