distributed server

Christian christian at root4u.nl
Thu Feb 5 16:25:39 CET 2004

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with nagios running on Redhat 9. I try to setup
distributed monitoring but the central receives no information from the
distributed server. The problem is that the ocsp command is not been
executed on the distributed server. If I use the send_nsca command
manual with a string information (hostname, svc_description, return code
and plugin_output) then the central server will receive this information
and process this. My conclusion is that the problem is not in de central
server or in the script I am running on the distributed server but in
the configuration of nagios on the distributed server.

On the internet there are lot of suggestions to solve this problem but
so far nothing has helped. I already installs the latest version of
nagios (1.2) but again no result.

The distributed server is configured to obsess over services and has a
ocsp command defined. Enable notifications is set to disable.

Has anyone a solution or suggestion for this problem?

Greetings,
Christian Dieker