old notifications popping up

Max Andersen max at militant.dk
Thu Feb 5 12:00:34 CET 2004

Hi

I have configured Nagios to check af few hosts on my network, and it all
looks perfectly well on first look.

But sometimes old notications are popping up from previous service downtime.

I have a few screenshots to show how a VERY old check (24 Jan.) suddenly
pops up between screen refreshings (look at date).

The warnings and errors are also showing in tactical overview, and
usually dissappears when reloading page, but after reloading 4-7 times
suddenly reappear. It's like old warnings is haunting me :)

http://www.nda.dk/images/nagss1.jpg
http://www.nda.dk/images/nagss2.jpg
http://www.nda.dk/images/nagss3.jpg

I run nagios 1.2 (also had the problem on 1.1) on SuSE 8.1 standard
server with apache2 with a configure line like this :

./configure --prefix=/srv/www/nagios/ --with-nagios-user=nagios
--with-nagios-group=nagios --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin

and with all the make options. My checks are standard cut'n'paste from
the sample-files, so no unusual setup there.

All suggestions will be appreciated.

Sincerely
Max