Reports only show data from a specific time period?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Feb 4 22:06:58 CET 2004

On Wednesday, February 04, 2004 2:09 PM, Daniel Jimenez shared with us:

> Marc,
>
> So basically you took the performance data and used that to generate
> a report? Did you use something like Crystal reports?

Actually no (and yes). We have to keep the results of every 5 minute
check for all 1700 devices for the life of the contract (5 years) so we
needed something a little more involved. We use postgres as the back-end
for nagios and have a trigger that copies the status information to a
holding table on UPDATE or INSERT. That table is periodically sucked
over to SQL Server, munged and stored. We then use Crystal Reports to
generate the reports we need and can do so over arbitrary time periods.

--
Marc