Reports only show data from a specific time period?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Feb 4 21:22:59 CET 2004

On Wednesday, February 04, 2004 1:21 PM, Daniel Jimenez shared with us:

> Thanks for the humorous insight. Though it made me laugh it did not
> solve the problem.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas? Perhaps I can edit the CGI? Is this
> something planned for 2.0?

Regardless of what Paul might think, there are legitimate reasons for
needing other reports besides 24hr. Our biggest client requires monthly
reports based on school hours, 7am-4pm. They don't really care what the
availability is like when no one is at school to use the service (but we
do). For this very large contract we were more than happy to write our
own reporting solution since 1.x doesn't support it and it tied in with
other data retention requirements for this customer. I don't see any
mention of it being included in 2.0 (from
http://www.nagios.org/upcoming.php) but it would definitely be nice to
have for those of us with other requirements.

--
Marc

P.S. Our solution was completely separate from Nagios so I don't have
any patches to contribute.