Temperature monitoring

Ewan Leith ejl at man.fwltech.com
Wed Feb 4 12:23:47 CET 2004

We use a program called digitemp using a little chip from dallas
semiconductor the ds1820, took a bit of initial work to get up and running,
but it cost's about $15 for each little package we make now, plugs into a
serial port.

we buy our chips from maplins or rs here in the uk and wrap them up in a
little 9pin serial port holder, in the usa you can buy them premade here:
www.ibuttonlink.com

Ewan