notifications_enabled 0

Ben Whaley bwhaley at costrack.com
Mon Feb 2 18:19:32 CET 2004

Greetings,

I am having trouble with disabling notifications. I would not like to be
notified when a host cannot be pinged, but I still want the check to happen.
In my generic service template, I have "notifications_enabled 1". However,
in the ping check service definition, I have:

    defined service{
        ; Generic template for all services
        use                         common-to-all
        name                        simple-ping-check
        notifications_enabled       0
        service description         Ping Check
        check_command               check_ping
        max_check_attempts          1
        host_name                   *
    }

The notifications disabled icon (a speaker with a red X through it) apears
on the Service Detail webpage next to the Ping Check service. However, I am
still getting notified when hosts are unreachable.

Should I remove the "notifications_enabled 1" from the generic template and
specify notifications_enabled in each service definition? This would be
unintuitive. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Regards,
Ben Whaley