Doubt in plugins in nagios

Lawrence, Lynne LLawrence at osc.uscg.mil
Thu Dec 30 15:29:23 CET 2004

Jaya,

The information on writing plugins is all in the documentation, see sections
'Writing your own plugins' and 'Plugin theory'.  These will point you to the
plugins website which also has lots of info.

I would not recommend writing an active-check plugin in java due to the
overhead of instantiating the JRE on each execution.  Writing a java daemon
that submits passive check results would work, though.

Regards,

Lynne Lawrence