Check size of a Windows Server

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 29 21:14:07 CET 2004

>I use NRPE to check some Windows services now i need to check
>the size of one service
>because it not really crash&close he crashs an get only a
>lower size in system memory.
>
>Anyone done a check for service size before?

If you're after what I think, then you can do it with pNSclient.  Check the
perfMon counters -- there's a place for resource usage on a per-process
basis and you can search for the process name.  This should be able to give
you what you want?  We're doing something similar for memory use by our SQL
Server processes.

Since pNSclient can also monitor services, you might be better off using
just pnsclient unless you are using NRPE to run custom scripts or to restart
stopped services.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **