Nagios Process Check and nagios.cmd file.

adamn at eyemedia.com.au adamn at eyemedia.com.au
Tue Dec 28 00:51:54 CET 2004

Hi all,

I have an issue with the nagios_check_command this is what I have it as in
my cfg file..
I'm running Fedora C3 with Apache 2.0.5 all default installs.

My check command is...
nagios_check_command=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nagios
/usr/local/nagios/var/status.log 5 '/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg'
But from the web cgi pages they are saying nagios is down or not running.

When I run the command from a shell prompt (as root) I get this output.
[root at em-au-10 etc]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nagios
/usr/local/nagios/var/status.log 5 '/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg'
Nagios ok: located 1 process, status log updated 8 seconds ago

Where else can I look to see how to fix this?

For the moment I turned off the command so I could get to run the cgi
commands but I also have an issue with the external command file.  I have
set all permission's in the instructions.
Permission's on the rw directory
drwxrwsrwx  2 nagios nagiocmd 4096 Dec 28 11:11 rw

Permission's on cmd file.. (file is created/removed on start/stop of
nagios)
prw-rw----  1 nagios nagiocmd 0 Dec 28 11:11 nagios.cmd

Group file. <snip>
apache:x:48:
nagios:x:501:
nagiocmd:x:702:nagios,apache

Webserver is running as user/group apache/apache
Nagios is running as user/group nagios/nagios

I have disabled suexec on my webserver (just renamed it) and of course
rebooted/restarted/turned off, you name it., in between everything... ;)

Can anyone help me with this, These are the only 2 items I need to finish
off for nagios to be functioning 100%? I can get around the process check
by just disabling it (but I would REALLY  like it working). But the
nagios.cmd file stuff I really need to get working to be able to issue
comments for host's that are down, for adding in scheduled downtime etc
etc.

Regards,
Adam Niedzwiedzki

c: eye media (aust) pty ltd
a: suite 301, 685 burke rd, camberwell, victoria, 3124, au, earth
p: +61 (0)3 8080 5850
f: +61 (0)3 8080 5840
m: +61 (0)439 646 941
w: http://www.eyemedia.com.au