nagios 2 + DB support, coming soon to a SF mirror near you

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Thu Dec 23 02:12:24 CET 2004

For the last little while, I've been working on bringing database support
back to nagios 2, with the goal of making the Nagios UI useable in large
environments. I think I'm done, at least with all the features I plan to
use.... that is, until somebody points out a bug or asks for a feature I
would like to use.

Anyway, in the hope somebody else finds my code useful, either to run, as
an example NEB, or even better, wants to expand upon it or make my
replacement UI look good, I've set up a sourceforge project:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nagios-db/

Frankly, I'm not going to be spending time adding features I won't be
using - I'm too busy. But you're more than welcome to join the project and
add them yourself. :) I tried to structure things to be open to
improvements, and of course I'll offer what little help I can.

So.... if the idea of being able to pull up an overview page for 10k
services in about 2 seconds sounds appealing to you, enjoy this code. :)

(For those who got my last snapshot from my nagios-devel posting, this
adds historical availability reporting, cleans up the PHP pages, and hides
services and hosts that are no longer configured from the UI.)