Nagios 2.0b1 and CVS

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Dec 21 15:00:58 CET 2004

Luca Corti wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 14:39 +0100, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>
>>>Please note that with the exact same configuration on the same machine
>>>nagios 1.2 works.
>>
>>Fix your permissons.
>

> My permissions on what?

Your permissions on the objects.cache and status.log files and/or the
directories leading up to them. I would have thought that was obvious,
given the error message you received.

> I've installed nagios from source on a different
> box in the same exact way. There it works flawlessly. I haven't touched
> permissions there, and I've checked they are the same.

Then you obviously haven't done it in the exact same way, or it would
have worked on both hosts. Perhaps the webserver user is running as a
different user on either machine, or you have suexec enabled on one but
not the other. In the end, it's with 99.9% certainty a permission issue.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer