Direct Command Line Execution instead of Macros

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Thu Dec 16 16:08:40 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 19:09 -0600, Mark Nadir wrote:
> Unfortunately, no it didn't work. Nagios complained that the direct
> commands were not defined in checkcommands.cgi, even though they were
> enclosed within quotation marks.

Did you really mean checkcommands.cgi? (as opposed to .cfg)?

I run a few commands that don't use macros, so I'm unsure as to what the
problem is.

unless you're talking about defining a non-template command in a service
definition.  I've never done that (and hadn't thought to.  Seems
cluttered, IMHO).