Experience with GSM-Modem (Nokia 30 / Siemens TC35i Terminal / Siemens MC35i Terminal) and Digi One SP device server

irger.armin irger.armin at web.de
Thu Dec 16 10:41:41 CET 2004

Hallo,

we got lot of problems with the sms sending over our external isdn modem.
So we decide to buy a external gsm-modem.
We have found three models.

- Nokia 30
- Siemens TC35i Terminal
- Siemens MC35i Terminal

I  want to  know if someone of you got's experience with one of this
modems. The Digi One SP device server is needed, because the server is
in the basement and there is no connection to a gsm network. With the
Digi One SP the server can access the gsm-modem in the first floor over
rs232.
We us SuSE 9.1 on a "old" compaq.

Greetings
Armin Irger