Checking Hard drive space

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Wed Dec 15 22:00:44 CET 2004

Timothy Washburn schrieb:
> I just have one quick question that should not be to hard to answer.  I
> am doing a check on Windows Server to check hard drive space.  In the
> status information column it returns the value of “check_nt
> (nagios-plugins 1.3.1) 1.7.2.3”.  My question is how can I  force Nagios
> to return the size of the hard drive to this column?

Please post more informations.
You installed NSClient (i guess, because you use check_nt)
Please post relevant parts of the checkcommands.cfg and services.cfg.

I have a check_disk check like the following, using NSClient on the Windowsbox:

define command{
         command_name    check_nt_disk
         command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -v USEDDISKSPACE -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c
$ARG3$
         }

but it does not show the size of the harddisk (pretty boring since it normally doesn't change) but
accepts the harddisk and two thresholds.

in services i use:

check_command check_nt_disk!c!90!95

which checks drive c and warns if more the 90% is full and gives a critical if more than 95% are full.

Hope that helps, otherwise please include much more Information.

Jan