Checkcommands.cfg vs command.cfg

Minkov, Ross ross.minkov at hp.com
Mon Dec 13 23:37:20 CET 2004

Hi,

Which one of these files should I use to add new check commands? I read
something about "the new way of doing it is using checkcommands.cfg and
the old way is using command.cfg"... Is this correct?

What is the best practice? Check_* commands in checkcommands.cfg and
notify-by-* commands in command.cfg?

And if there are 2 different check commands with the same name, one in
checkcommands.cfg, the other one in command.cfg, which one is going to
be used by nagios if referenced in services.cfg?

Thanks,
Ross