Authorization problems with CGI tool

Daniel O'Neil greenphoenix1189 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 23:58:26 CET 2004

Greetings,

Is there some secret thing I have to do in order to be able to send commands from the cgi
interface?  We can't seem to make it work.  Any attempt gets the "sorry, but you are not
authorized to commit the specified command" page.  I'm sure this solution is obvious, but we've
been unable to determine an easy solution.  We are using the nagios CGI interface.  The .htaccess
file has the following users in it:

nagiosadmin
daniel

both users are authorized in the .cgi file as follows:

# cgi.cfg - Config file for Nagios (www.nagios.org)
#
# Written by Nagat. Manually editing this file is a bad idea since Nagat will
# overwrite it. Delete the nagatobj.dat file in the nagios/etc directory to
# reread the Nagios configuration.
#
main_config_file=/usr/local/etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
physical_html_path=/usr/local/share/nagios
url_html_path=/nagios
show_context_help=0
use_authentication=1
authorized_for_system_information=nagiosadmin,daniel
authorized_for_configuration_information=nagiosadmin,daniel
authorized_for_system_commands=nagiosadmin,daniel
authorized_for_all_services=nagiosadmin,daniel
authorized_for_all_hosts=nagiosadmin,daniel
authorized_for_all_service_commands=nagiosadmin,daniel
authorized_for_all_host_commands=nagiosadmin,daniel
default_statusmap_layout=5
default_statuswrl_layout=4
ping_syntax=/bin/ping -n -U -c 5 $HOSTADDRESS$
refresh_rate=60

Does anyone know what's going on?
thanks in advance,
Daniel