Help sending e-mail notification when status isOK

Rimbert Rivera rrivera at comtex.com
Thu Dec 9 22:41:42 CET 2004

Thanks, Matt.

Here's the command line I'm gonna use for the cron job (in case it helps
others):

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nagios -F
/usr/local/nagios/var/status.log -e 5 -C /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios |
mail -s"Nagios Status check (heartbeat)" recipient at company.com

You may have to change the paths for the check_nagios command to work
for your environment.

- Rim

Rimbert Rivera
Manager, Information Technology
COMTEX News Network
rrivera at comtex.com
(703) 820-2000
Discover more about COMTEX at: http://www.comtex.com/
This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail
by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the material from any computer.