[Nagiosplug-help] check_snmp_int.pl on a cisco 6500

Patrick Proy nagios-user at proy.org
Wed Dec 8 10:25:53 CET 2004

Hi,

> [...] What I'd like to do exactly is
> to monitor (and get and alert) when an interface goes down or
> comes up.

The check_snmp_int.pl script (when you select multiple interfaces like you
have done) will return :
OK : if all interface are UP
CRITICAL : if at least 1 interface is down.
So if one int is down, there won't be any difference if one more gets down.

So, you can either put multiple services (you can group interfaces with
regular expression, put an option saying it's OK when interface are down,
etc..) but if you wan't to monitor the state change of all the interfaces,
the best is with snmptraps.

There are configuration examples of check_snmp_int.pl at
http://www.manubulon.com/nagios/index_commands.html#interface

Patrick Proy
nagios at proy.org