NSCA Error timeout after 10 seconds

Mark Nadir mnadir at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 7 17:03:28 CET 2004

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your response. Whenever I try to telnet to the port, I can
connect to it. So, it is a pretty good chance that my firewall is
allowing TCP over 5667 to connect.

I turned on debugging, and tried to use the remote client to send to
NSCA daemon, however nothing shows up in syslog.

What's interesting is that if I try to use the client on the same
machine that the NSCA daemon is running, and I connect to localhost 5667
syslog returns a messaging saying that it is Deactivating the NSCA due
to excessive incoming connections -restarting in 30 seconds.

Any thoughts?

M.