Antwort: Re: snmp - which mib?

Jan.van-Beers at grundy-le.com Jan.van-Beers at grundy-le.com
Tue Dec 7 15:59:10 CET 2004

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 07.12.2004 15:12:24:
> Jan.van-Beers at grundy-le.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to set up several services using snmp to query routers and
> > switches. Unfortunately I find snmpget non-trivial to use and would
> > apreciate if anyone here could post/send some samples form a running
> > config...
>
> There are tons of snmp based plugins available already. I suggest you
> check out www.nagiosexchange.org. It's sort of a bookmarks page where
> you may find useful info.
>
> To teach the finer points of SNMP is beyond the scope of this mailing
> list, but if you do
> snmpwalk -v 1 -c <community> <hostname> -On -m :
> followed by
> snmpwalk -v 1 -c <community> <hostname> -m ALL
> and
> snmpwalk -v 1 -c <community> <hostname> -On -m: .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1
> I think you'll get a better grasp of whatever turorial Google throws at
you.

Actually not, but I think the precompiled plugins will fit my needs.

Thanks
Jan

This email is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
If you have received this email in error, you are in notice of its status.
Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete
this message from your system. Please do not copy or use it for any
purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do so
could be a breach of confidence.
Thank you for your co-operation.

sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of The RTL Group
or its associated companies.

Please contact our IT Helpdesk on +44 (0)20 7691 6996
or e-mail it.support at fremantlemedia.com if you require further assistance.