Long-running Nagios - sudden CGI problems

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Dec 7 15:08:11 CET 2004

Kimmo Jaskari wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 07:54 -0600, Marc Powell wrote:

You need to restart nagios as well, or the logs will have entries for
hosts and services the cgi's can't find.

> I did, of course, do the -v run before posting to the mailgroup to make
> sure Nagios wasn't choking on the config files and that went well, but I
> guess I'd better take a more thorough look at that config file just to
> make sure.
>
> I do see "logged in as kimmoj" in Nagios, and Nagios does demand that I
> log in and use a name/password combo that's valid.
>
> Thanks, I'll re-check the config file and see if I can find the problem.

Be sure to check the permissions then as well. If the cgi's can't read
one of the object config files it should throw an(other) error, but it
was some time since I dabbled with 1.x so I might remember this wrong.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer