[Nagiosplug-help] check_mailq with qmail

davide.deboni at alchera.it davide.deboni at alchera.it
Tue Dec 7 14:55:37 CET 2004

>>This seems to hint that the qmail program doesn't want to be run by the
>>root user. Running as the root user is known to cause some obscure
>>security risks where privilege separation isn't in place (although it
>>seems like a fairly crude workaround for a program like qmail). Postfix
>>does privilege separation and doesn't trust the contents of its own
>>mailqueues, so it should work when run as root on that system.

I've tried to run it with these other users:
qmailq
qmaill
qmaild
qmailr

which are the users who run qmail programs such as qmail-clean,
qmail-rspawn etc....

I always get the same error (except for the UID):

ERROR:  is not executable by (uid 506:gid(503 503))

I have no problem if I run it on a system with postfix or sendmail..