Notifications not reaching me

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at canada.com
Mon Dec 6 22:12:32 CET 2004

    J> I never used escalations, but don't you think you should
    J> register the service OR give us the correct service definition
    J> (not the template)?

I'm not at all sure I understand your question ...

define service {
        use                             net-service
        host_name                       f1
        service_description             Log Output
        contact_groups                  audit-trail
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_log
}

isn't this the service description?  This is what I edit when I
want to register services and I definately see the check_log
script being called in the NRPE lines of the (Linux) kernel logs.

True, _net-service_ is a template, but I had taken the relevent
lines from /that/ template and inserted them in-line into this
service definition so the specification would be complete.
net-service merely extends the default template with shorter
polling values.

Now I'm /really/ confused: if the above is not defining or registering
my service, then how could this service appear on the service detail
and extended information pages with these settings?

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym at teledyn.com> ==============================
www.teledyn.com - blog.teledyn.com - irish.teledyn.com - sbp.teledyn.com