check_command in Nagios 1.2

Sergey Semenyuk sergey at strategicvista.com
Mon Dec 6 16:15:22 CET 2004

Absolutely:

Host (they are all the same)
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

        host_name               sfw
        alias                   Main Router (Linux)
        address                 192.168.20.2
        check_command           check-host-alive (I tried
check-host-echo from the demo site as well)
        parents                 mainswitch
        checks_enabled          1
        max_check_attempts      20
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        stalking_options        o,d,u
        }

commands:

define command{
        command_name    check-host-alive
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w
3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1
        }

define command{
command_name check-host-echo
command_line $USER1$/check_tcp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 7
}

No firewalls on internal network at all.
Started looking sources, and debug0, no check_host calls at all.

Thanks in advance.