Check_nrpe with and without ssl

Max Andersen max at militant.dk
Fri Dec 3 09:22:22 CET 2004

Alloo, Vincent wrote:

>You can use: check_nrpe -n (undocumented option)

Thank you. (and Andreas)

-n seem to work, but I now get a CRC error trying to connect to the
unencrypted host.

My monitor host is a SuSE 9.2 Pro with Nagios 1.2 and it tries to
monitor a Solaris 8 server without ssl.

The check_nrpe script returns this :
CHECK_NRPE: Response packet had invalid CRC32.

I did recompile check_nrpe to see if it helped, but both the newly
compiled check_nrpe without ssl and the '-n' switch give the same results.

Simon Kitching made a new nrpe.c and requested users to test it, since
he got the same error in Dec. 2003, but noone responded, and it's been
so long he forgot all about it.

He thought it was something about popen() or similar.

Any suggestions or experiences will be appreciated.

Sincerely
Max