nagios and mysql support problem

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Dec 2 19:44:00 CET 2004

The Wolf wrote:
> On 12/1/04 7:46 PM, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>
>> It's due to nagios. Nagios 1.x did some rather clumsy status updates,
>> involving the complete deletion and recreation of the status tables.
>> Nagios 2 will drop it so you should get used to running filebased anyway.
>

> I got it, I am going to run Nagios 1.2 with files.
>
> Any ETA about the Nagios 2.0 release?

Small update on that;
A couple of nasty bugs have been discovered (but not found) that slowly
but steadily chomp away at Nagios' memory usage which eventually causes
nagios to crash. It's known to happen with the embedded perl, but has
also turned out to happen even with minimal configuration options
(although at a slower rate).

I'm currently hacking on a crude but sort of functional garbage
collector that will most likely fix this and be very helpful in ironing
out other irregularities that has to do with memory management.

When that is done I'll try and badger Ethan into releasing a beta
version which will most likely make more people try it and use it and
thus more bugreports will come in so the less critical bugs can be found
and fixed a whole lot faster.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer