Page on Critical Only?

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Wed Dec 1 21:15:50 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 12:58 -0600, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> jeff vier wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 11:19 -0600, Emmett Hogan wrote:
> >
> >>Strange....my docs mention nothing about "State Restrictions"...is
> >>this something only in the 1.x CVS release?  (Or, more likely, I am
> >>looking at the wrong doc: docs/escalations.html)
> >

> > Oh, yeah, maybe that's not in 1.x - I'm running 2.x.  Sorry about
> that.
> >
> > you should run 2.x ;)
> >

> Actually, no. Nagios 2.0 HEAD has a memory leak which will
> inevitably
> (given enough time) crash it. Unless you specifically need some
> features
> in 2.0 you should be running 1.2 (or whatever the latest 1.x is).

What is your metric of 'enough time'?

I run it and have no 'real' issues that I can discern.

I have [distributed] sites with daemon uptimes well into weeks and
sometimes over a month (between adds/changes).

I noted in the -devel discussion that you were talking about -HUPs - I
never -HUP my nag daemons, I only stop/start in case one of the threads
hang.  Maybe that's the difference.